Sunday, February 12, 2012

Valentine's Conversation Hearts

Hi everyone! I did these a a few weeks back because I knew when school came around I wouldn't have time to do that many different manis for Valentine's Day. I got this idea from Leslie at Polish Art Addiction. I'm pretty sure everyone has eaten this candy at least once for Valentine's Day. I can't remember what I used as a base color (oops!), but I stamped using Nail Art Diva plate From the Heart 1 in China Glaze Lemon Fizz, China Glaze Re-fresh Mint, China Glaze Something Sweet, China Glaze Peachy Keen, and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Lively Lilac. I did use a dotting tool to go over the colors and make them more opaque. The red wording is stamped with the same plate using Nail Art Diva polish in Heartfelt Red. I got the Nail Art Diva plate and polish from Rebecca's 600 follower giveaway last year, but waited until the right occasion to use it =] I mattified them after with Essie Matte About You because the candies are actually matte and chalk like.





12 comments:

  1. After you matted them they look just like the candy! so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this so much and it looks EVEN cooler (if that's possible) all mattified! It looks good enough to eat. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need this plate! I wanted to do this design so bad but knew that I wouldn't be able to freehand it. Your's looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfect :)
    you're lucky to have won this plate because people are hounding me for one now!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know right?! I saw Leslie's and I was like ohhh that's what you do with the plate LOL!

      Delete
  5. This is so cute! I love it mattified! It gives off the chalky look that the candy has.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is pure perfection!
    Such a wonderful mani, so neat and precise.
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so so so so so beautiful!:D Love them!:D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to leave a comment. Reading all of your lovely comments always makes my day =] Please do not leave links in your comment, I will not publish them. If you would like me to check out your blog, please feel free to send me an email at heartnat24@gmail.com